Sunday, June 22, 2008

Two small blog things.

First - Blogger added a different blogroll page element. I switched to using it because it uses RSS feeds. It now arranges them by most frequent post, and adds the title of some of their posts. It will only display the top ten most recent, so once my blogroll gets a little longer it won't take up to much space.

Second - Anyone with Blogger know how to make pages that have a "fold" to them? I tried using Blogger's help section but it wasn't too clear. The very first bit of code it says to insert, I can't figure out where to insert it. If any of my readers don't know then I will try the group help feature, but thought I would ask here first. Just trying to fold some of my really long posts to clean up my blog a little.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You got the Blog List to work!

    I've been trying for three frustrating days, and it always has this error message, saying I need to "correct the errors on the form".

    A lot of people in the Google Help forums are reporting it too.

    I thought the "fold" was in the publishing options somewhere. If I see it this evening, I'll drop you a line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it mostly works. Sometimes it doesn't update, and sometimes it updates incorrectly. I don't have a big blog list so that may be helping it work better.

    I don't think the fold is as simple as an option. I kind of got it to work, but it was a pain and required some coding. I'm not fluent in coding at all so I probably won't do it for most posts. If it is just an option that would be much better.

    ReplyDelete