Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dublin Dr. Pepper

This weekend is father's day, and also happens to be Dublin Dr. Pepper's birthday. For this whole week the town of Dublin will be renamed to Dr. Pepper, Texas. On Saturday there is going to be a celebration with free museum/bottling plant tours, a marathon, some music and magic shows, and of course free Dublin Dr. Pepper. If you don't know what Dublin Dr. Pepper is, it's the only DP that is made that still uses Imperial cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. They only distribute in a 44 mile radius and online. Technically where I live is out of the range of the distribution, but it's usually in our HEB (grocery stores for you non Texans). It's a little sweeter and doesn't seem to leave that coating sodas leave in your mouth nearly as much. I've heard that it's not nearly as bad to drink as regular DP because your body processes sugar much better than high fructose corn syrup. Either way, except for this coming weekend, I've been drinking the diet Dr Pepper anyways. Well, point of this post is that I'm going to be there as one of my Father's day presents. I'll take some pictures with my other father's day present, my new camera! Expect a follow up post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment