Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm still here...

I haven't posted in a little while. I really hate being away from my family. It's such a drain being here that I have a hard time being motivated to post anything. It's hard to feel proud about being here when I don't want to be here. If I could leave right now I would. It feels like a prison sentence, like I'm being punished. None of this is worth it for me, but there is nothing I can do except wait for my time to be up. Sorry for being negative, but I thought that maybe it would feel better to put it down in words. On a positive note, when I am finished here, I'm finished for good. My obligation to the military is entirely complete. I'll never have to be away from everyone I love for so long ever again.

2 comments:

  1. Never be sorry for being negative man. I mean holy monkey, the daily grind gets me down, and it's nothing compared to the work you are doing.

    The blogosphere awaits your triumphant return.

    As for missing your family, well, whoever originally said "absence makes the heart grow fonder" was a jerk for pointing that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Glen. I'm in a little bit better of a mood. I got some care packages with a bunch of things I love, so that helped. I have a story brewing in my mind right now, should be ready in a few days.

    ReplyDelete