Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Obama

I voted the other day. I voted Obama for president, and a mix of libertarian, democratic and republican candidates for all the other offices. Mostly I tried voting out wackaloons. I was disappointed that I couldn't vote out Gail Lowe from the Texas board of education. It turns out that the part of Bell county that I am in, is in a different district than hers. My district here didn't have a board member up for election. Voting for Obama is kind of a throw away vote in Texas since it's so republican (Big Oil + Bible Belt = Republican), but maybe McCain and Palin will do something really stupid to piss off Texas and my vote will actually help...we'll see.

4 comments:

  1. We're crossing our fingers for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I do live in Lowe's district, so I get to cast at least one vote to try to get rid of her. I'm a bit more traditional, though, so I won't be casting my vote until tomorrow.

    It looks like I'm going to vote a straight Democratic ticket. I did research all the candidates individually, so it's not a mindless straight ticket. And I'm not terribly excited by a lot of the people I'll be voting for, either. Even our Democrats down here in Texas are a little too conservative on some issues for my liking. It was more a matter of picking the lesser of two evils.

    I suppose I could vote for third party candidates, like the Libertarians, but as Kang would say, "Go ahead, throw your vote away."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Boopie I am so glad that we voted for Obama. I have a really good feeling about him especially after reading the article in my Parenting magazine about his family life. I love you and miss you oxoxoxxxx

    ReplyDelete